On behalf of the ERF Programme Committee, we invite you to submit your workshop proposal for the 15th edition of the European Robotics Forum, to be held from 13-15 March 2024 in Rimini, Italy.
CALL FOR WORKSHOPS
ERF 2024 | European Robotics Forum
ROBOTICS UNITES: People, Countries, Disciplines
Call for Workshop Proposals ERF2024
Please read the following text carefully, as we foresee adding specific elements to the classical workshops to bring more benefit to the participants of the ERF.
Therefore, the programme is composed of the following elements where we welcome your proposals:
- “Classic” Workshops (WS), based on proposals by the community, where we especially ask the euRobotics Topic Groups to submit proposals
- NEW: Insight sessions as a follow-up of the classical workshops to add scientific background in a “pitch and poster” format
- NEW: Industrial Scientific Sessions to present latest scientific results relevant for advanced industrial applications
In addition to this, additional elements such as the opening and keynotes, Side programme, such as site visits, receptions, awards, charity run, etc. will be arranged by the Programme Committee, the local hosts, and euRobotics.
“Classic” ERF Workshops (deadline extended to 10 October 2023)
While the call for workshops is thematically open as long as there is a clear link to a robotics topic, we would especially like to encourage the submission of particular WS types:
- We would like to encourage all euRobotics Topic Groups to submit workshop proposals!
- Also, we encourage clusters of related projects, e.g. from a specific EC call, but also related national projects, to submit joint This could be especially from two types of project clusters:
- Projects that are newly granted in the last two years, to get the community engaged with the projects
- Projects that are at a later stage, close to the end or already completed, to present and discuss the results.
- We would generally prefer to avoid single project workshops (with some exceptions for network projects, e.g. for the DIH networks or research excellence centres, etc.).
Please note that the submission tool was changed to allow for easier submission, use the button below and not your browser history or any other link.
Each workshop folder already contains a pre-filled short report template.
Insight sessions (as an add-on to classic WS)
To provide deeper insight into the workshop topics, ERF 2024 will provide the possibility of setting up follow-up “insight sessions”. Organisers of classic WS have the opportunity to indicate their interest in an insight session during the submission of a regular WS proposal. In the insight session, researchers will present contributions related to cutting edge research on the topics discussed in the workshop. In order to foster the interaction, the presentations will be delivered in a “pitch and poster” format. Insight sessions will allow an interested audience to delve into the theme of the workshops by talking directly with the researchers who are developing it. The contributions of the insight sessions will be peer-reviewed and all accepted contributions will be indexed. Accepted contributions will be published in the Springer Proceedings in Advanced Robotics (SPAR) with Series Editors: Bruno Siciliano, Oussama Khatib.
More information on the Insight sessions HERE.
Industrial Scientific Sessions
For instructions about this submission please click here: CALL FOR PAPER
Overall timeline and submission information
- Workshop proposals should be submitted via an online form: THE LINK TO THE SUBMISSION SYSTEM WILL SOON BE AVAILABLE
- The Deadline for workshop applications is 30 September 2023
- Feedback to workshop proposers and potential revision / merge requests for similar WS proposals will be given before 20 October 2023
- We intend to have a first programme draft to be shared with the organisers by the beginning of November 2023
- When applying to a regular WS, please indicate your interest in a insight session
- The teasers and posters can be submitted after the acceptance of the related WS
Industrial Scientific Sessions
- Contributions for the Industrial Track should be submitted via CALL FOR PAPER
- Deadline for contribution submission: 1 November 2023
- Notification of Acceptance: 15 December 2023
- Final Submission: 15 January 2023
Workshop assessment and selection
The Programme Committee will take the feedback of previous ERF editions into account. Selections will be made based on the criteria below, soon after the submission deadline. Therefore, the following points need to be considered for any workshop application as they will be assessed by the Programme Committee:
- Specific, action-oriented workshop purpose with a clearly defined descriptions that will attract attendees to the workshop
- An aim to generate concrete answers/clear expected outcomes to current problems in the field. Therefore, we ask proposers to provide a couple (1-3) of predefined questions to be discussed and answered in the workshop proposal submission form
- Strong focus on new and/or emerging and/or strategic topics as well as those reflecting current areas of community interest
- Clear workshop agenda and confirmed contributors to the workshop
- Highly interactive workshop, including for example discussions, Q&A, and/or panel sessions to facilitate a lively exchange of ideas among the attendees. This means that at least 30% of the time must be used for open discussions, exchange of opinions with more than one person (actual panel discussion, not a series of statements), and interaction (incl. input from attendees, polls, Miro Boards, etc)
- Balanced representation of industrial and/or academic contributors, and/or involve end-users, representatives of finance, policy, etc. as appropriate with a clear and realistic indication of the organisers, contributors, and target audience, including names of persons and/or organisations for intended contributors and attendees